Webinar with Michael Rossoff, L.Ac.
Finding Calm in a Sea of Anxiety, Fear & Anger
in This Era of the Coronavirus
with Macrobiotics & Oriental Healing
Recorded on May 26, 2020
FINDING CALM IN A SEA OF ANXIETY, FEAR & ANGER
in the Era of the Coronavirus
with Macrobiotics & Oriental Healing
With Michael Rossoff, L.Ac.
My second Webinar, “Finding Calm in a Sea of Anxiety, Fear & Anger in the Era of Coronavirus,” was presented on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
I will explore many ways to secure and maintain good emotional health, so that even when we are ill, with a cold, a flu or the current Covid-19, we will not be overwhelmed and can be confident of recovery.
The webinar focuses on Body/Mind/Emotion connections. You will see how digestion and circulation of blood play key roles in wellness. Best natural food choices will be discussed, with emphasis on which ones create, or reduce, stagnation and phlegm.
This webinar explores the three key emotions that make us unstable, insecure, and weakened. These are fear, anxiety (and panic) and anger. We will look at these from both a macrobiotic dietary approach and Oriental medicine insights.
Because body / mind / emotions are always intertwined, everyone’s true resilience is tested. Healthy eating is a major protection for our wellness, but it does not guarantee mental and emotional stability. The signs of true health encompass clear judgment, knowing when and how to react to danger, also how to remain calm in the midst of any storm in life.
The Covid-19 pandemic is more than a respiratory disease. It endangers major organs and systems. Because of this, we can constantly remain afraid. The best way to overcome our ignorance is by gaining new understanding. We can begin to appreciate this by applying Oriental healing understanding of these specific organs Heart, Liver, Kidney and Pancreas. This can also lead us to a deeper understanding and perspectives on how emotions affect organs and visa-versa.
Our goal is reclaiming natural calm, curiosity & love of life.
The goals of this webinar are .
• Deepen your understanding of the strange disease process that is unique to coronavirus and
how and why inflammations are so dangerous.
• Learn about Heart, Liver, Pancreas and Kidney relationship to emotions.
• Learn which foods increase our risk and those that improve our well-being.
• Learn special teas & medicinal foods that calm and center us.
• Learn ways to strengthen the blood and digestion.
• Understand the energetic underpinning of our emotional disturbances.
• Learn new ways to calm and center ourselves in any situation.
• Learn key acupressure points that will support our well-being and emotional stability.
You will learn .
• Why do pre-conditions such as heart disease and diabetes make people so prone to serious responses?
• Why are viral infections much more dangerous than bacterial infections?
• What is the yin/yang of virus vs bacteria? Why does it matter?
• Where is the imbalance that triggers each emotion?
• What is the difference between worry, anxiety and fear?
• Why is fear a false emotion?
• Why do some people have hysterical laughter when they are anxious?
• Why are some emotions fleeting, while others continue for days, weeks and beyond?
• How can we choose foods and drinks that support our emotional stability rather than perpetuate
our extreme responses?
• What was the technique that Gandhi taught to stay calm?
• What are the best acupressure points for calming strong emotional imbalances?
• What are simple qigong and Do-In exercises to center & calm Heart and tonify Kidneys.
Handouts will be provided.
In the ancient Chinese book of medicine, Yellow Emperor’s Book of Inner Medicine, it says
“Don’t start digging a well when you are dying of thirst.”
Better to be prepared and then you’ll be more secure and confident to face the world.
Please join me for this unique seminar to learn essential ways benefit
your emotional health and overall well-being.